The Story of the Animated Drawing (1955)
Notes on The Story of the Animated Drawing (1955):
On Tuesday we watched an episode of the 1950s television show, Disneyland. The ABC Television network was an early investor in the construction of the Anaheim amusement park; along with that funding ABC got Disney to produce and host a weekly show that highlighted different aspects of the park in addition to other subjects pertaining to the studio. This particular episode is a concise overview of the early history of animation.
Walt Disney demonstrates the Zoetrope:
Highlights from The Story of the Animated Drawing include:
- A look at the Thaumatrope
- A demonstration of the Phenakistoscope and Zoetrope.
- A recreation of the work of Charles-Emile Reynaud.
- Winsor McCay and Gertie the Dinosaur.
- Max Fleischer and Koko the Clown.